Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Where shoudl I go to find books on the oil and gas industry?

I work as a librarian and I am constantly in search of a reliable company to source material on the technical side of the oil and gas industry. I want to try and avoid amazon and give something back to the smaller players in the field. Please help!Where shoudl I go to find books on the oil and gas industry?
I can only suggest two:





http://www.gulfpub.com/





http://www.api.org/Publications/





I don't think you will find any small players in the publishing of books related to the oil and gas industry.Where shoudl I go to find books on the oil and gas industry?
If you are looking for used technical books on oil %26amp; gas, they will be hard to source but try either Dealoz.com or Half.com and be prepared to do lots of searching. Dealoz.com replaced CampusI.com and searches for best deal on either used or new books including Amazon.com and Amazon Marketplace.





If you are looking for new books, the the Society of Petroleum Engineers and Pennwell Books are the best sources for technical oil %26amp; gas books.
Look the subject up on the library's computer. The library would have many reference and non-fiction books on the subject!
I agree with Oil Field Trash - there aren't really any small players out there, your best bet would be to check out www.gulfpub.com

No comments:

Post a Comment