Wednesday, December 16, 2009

I accidentally put an oil and gas mixture into my gas tank for my kawaski dirtbike. What do I do?

I accidentally put an oil and gas mixture into my gas tank for my kawaski dirtbike. What do I do? Also, what will happen. Please and thank you.I accidentally put an oil and gas mixture into my gas tank for my kawaski dirtbike. What do I do?
Just take the tank off and dump it out. All it will do is make your bike smoke a little till the oil burns out.I accidentally put an oil and gas mixture into my gas tank for my kawaski dirtbike. What do I do?
umm you might need a new tank b/c my brother put dirt in mine once and we had to get a lot of stuff done too it but im not sure what the effects are of what you did. GOOD LUCK THOUGH!
run the tank dry, it will only smoke until it runs dry.
nothing its fine
Drain it out of the tank and put plain gasoline in there.





You can either disconnect the fuel line from the bottom of the tank and drain the oil/gas into a container, or just turn the bike on its side and pour the fuel out into a container.





Nothing bad will happen.
how much.? if not a significant amount, just dilute it with


more gas.... just run it.. then dilute it...
drain it out, it will smoke for a little while but won't hurt anything. done it myself before
i don't know


phone an expert and get it fixed!
its will just smoke ,run it out
Is it a 4 stroke? 2 stroke? if it is a 2 stroke, is it pre mix type or oil injection type? It makes a difference.
Pull the fuel line off the gas tank and drain. Reattach the fuel line and put in fresh (un-mixed) gas. Then just drive it as you would normally. Worst case scenario is you would have to clean the carburetor and change the plug(s) but I have never had to and I have run into this problem time and time again.
add more gas to the tank and drive it out , it will smoke untell you drive it all out if you get a miss fire just clean plugs. and keep on truckin.
My Husquvarnas had a drain under the tank...if so drain the tank.. put some gas inthe tank and drain that too...then fill the tank completely full with fresh gas...





it may smoke a little at first, but it shouldn't hurt anything.....








picked up the gascan for the chainsaw?

No comments:

Post a Comment